Nielsen has won the prestigious Best Employer Brand 2019 Award in East Africa at the 14th Employer Branding Awards.
It was hosted by Employer Branding Institute, in partnership with World HRD Congress and the Stars of the Industry Group; further endorsed by the Asian Confederation of Businesses.
The Employer Branding Institute celebrates global best practices in employer branding with a specific focus on the employee experience and how it is optimized through talent management practices and agility to innovate; promoting world-class performance and impact.
Competing against many of the region’s prominent companies from diverse industries, Nielsen was recognized for its value-driven leadership and employee experience that is founded on the principles of, Be Yourself, Make A Difference and Grow With Us – helping the company drive an integrated approach to enhancing engagement across the business.
Some of the key focus areas for Nielsen around employee engagement include:
- Diversity & Inclusion – The cornerstone of Nielsen’s business globally and an integral part of its organisational DNA;
- Global Responsibility & Sustainability – Employees are empowered to make a difference, by collaborating internally and externally, through initiatives like Nielsen Cares, Nielsen Green, etc.
- Talent Mobility – Employees are encouraged to take up exciting roles in different parts of the world where Nielsen has operations, to gain new experiences and learn from new challenges;
- Meritocracy – Employees are recognised, rewarded and promoted based on their contributions and impact;
- Training & Development and Rewards & Recognition are also high on the company’s agenda for employee engagement
Commenting on the significance of the award Nielsen East Africa MD Faith Wanderi said “We’re honoured to receive this prestigious award that celebrates our philosophy of employee engagement.
Nielsen is a place where individuality and inclusivity is celebrated. Our employees have the passion to make an impact, whether it is through our data and insights or our corporate social responsibility programs and community service.
We also believe in nurturing growth from within and have programs that develop talent to be ready for future roles and career paths. We continue to build on our principles and provide a fulfilling experience to our employees and patrons.”
Nielsen Holdings plc (NYSE: NLSN) is a global measurement and data analytics company that provides the most complete and trusted view available of consumers and markets worldwide.