TAG
Egypt
Former ‘heaviest woman’ from Egypt dies
An Egyptian woman once believed to be the world's heaviest has died in the United Arab Emirates.
Egypt: 14 jailed over deadly stadium stampede
An Egyptian court jailed two people for life on Sunday and 12 to between two and 10 years over violence that led to a deadly football stadium stampede in Cairo.
Egypt: 24 Nubians arrested for protesting released
A lawyer says an Egyptian court has ordered the release of 24 Nubians arrested for participating in a protest earlier this month.
Egypt court jails Mursi 25 years for spying
An Egyptian court on Saturday sentenced ousted president Mohammed Mursi of the Muslim Brotherhood to 25 years in prison in a final ruling over a case accusing him of spying for Qatar, judicial sources said.
Egypt: Five militants, two soldiers, killed in Sinai
Five militants and two soldiers were killed on Wednesday in clashes that followed a failed attack on a security checkpoint in Egypt’s strife-torn North Sinai province, a military spokesman said.
More anger at Cairo meeting on Arab feud with Qatar
A Qatari diplomat says "dogs" backed by "some regimes" are waging a media campaign against his country, a thinly veiled jab at Gulf countries that drew a sharp rebuke at an Arab League meeting.
18 policemen killed in Egypt’s Sinai security convoy attack
At least 18 policemen have been killed in an attack on a convoy in Egypt's Sinai peninsula claimed by so-called Islamic State, security sources say.
Egypt: Police kill 10 militants in Cairo
Egyptian police on Sunday raided two adjacent apartments used as hideouts by members of a splinter faction of the outlawed Muslim Brotherhood group, killing 10 of them in a shootout, according to security officials.
Egypt: 3,500-years old tomb in Luxor discovered
Egypt has announced the discovery in the southern city of Luxor of a pharaonic tomb belonging to a royal goldsmith who lived more than 3 500 years ago during the reign of the 18th dynasty.
Egypt: 24 Nubians arrested for illegal protest
Egypt's Aswan Court has ordered the continued detention of 24 Nubians for participating in an unauthorised protest three days earlier until September 13 when he is set to review the case.



