Tuesday, April 1, 2025

Blast in Cairo kills one, injures three

Must read

Isaac Kaledzi
Isaac Kaledzihttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isaac_Kaledzi
Isaac Kaledzi is an experienced and award winning journalist from Ghana. He has worked for several media brands both in Ghana and on the International scene. Isaac Kaledzi is currently serving as an African Correspondent for DW.

One man was killed and three others injured in an explosion in the Cairo suburb of Maadi, the Interior Ministry said in a statement on Friday.

The man who was killed, a building guard who was cleaning the property’s garden, found “an unidentified metallic object.” Upon handling it, it exploded, resulting in his death and the injury of his wife and two children by shrapnel, the statement said.

The injured have been moved to the hospital for treatment and the area had been cordoned off and is being combed by security forces, it added.

There was no immediate claim of responsibility.

The government is taking on militants in the Sinai Peninsula, where militants loyal to Islamic State are based, and Islamist groups elsewhere in the country who generally target security forces.

- Advertisement -

 

Source: Reuters

- Advertisement -

More articles

- Advertisement -

Latest article

- Advertisement -