Thursday, October 1, 2020

South Africa records second case of Coronavirus

Must read

Mozambique President is Africa Oil & Power’s “Person of the Year”

Filipe Nyusi, President of Mozambique has been selected as Africa Oil & Power’s “Person of the Year” for 2020 by Africa Oil & Power. This...

Guinea closes border with neighbours ahead of election

Guinea officials have said the country's border with Senegal and Guinea-Bissau have been closed ahead of the general elections. Officials in government said the closure...

Serena Williams withdraws from French Open 2020

Three-time champion Serena Williams has withdrawn from the French Open because of an Achilles injury. The 39-year-old had been scheduled to play her second-round match...

Sierra Leone’s ex-president banned from leaving country

Sierra Leone's former president Ernest Bai Koroma is among several past government officials banned from leaving the country. He and other officials who served in...
Isaac Kaledzihttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isaac_Kaledzi
Isaac Kaledzi is an experienced and award winning journalist from Ghana. He has worked for several media brands both in Ghana and on the International scene. Isaac Kaledzi is currently serving as an African Correspondent for DW.
- Advertisement -

South Africa has confirmed its second case of Coronavirus.

Minister of Health Zweli Mkhize made the announcement on Saturday.

He said the patient is a 39 year old lady who is from Gauteng.

She was a direct contact to the first case from KwaZulu-Natal.

The patient was part of the group of 10 that had travelled to Italy, according to the minister.

- Advertisement -

“The public must be notified that we have information and know the whereabouts of all the other 10 people who were part of the group that had travelled to Italy.

All those who came back to South Africa, are currently being tested. We are now awaiting their test results to come out.

Since being traced, they have remained in isolation to avoid any further contact with third parties,” the Health Ministry said in statement.

The statement added that health officials “are now following all the protocols that we have already publicly announced to the public in dealing with this case. We will keep the public fully informed on all relevant developments.

- Advertisement -

Meanwhile another South African has also tested positive in South Korea.

The health ministry statement revealed that “we also wish to notify the public that our embassy has advised us that a 39 year old male South African who works in Daegu, South Korea has also tested positive for COVID-19.

He was due to return to South Africa and has since remained in South Korea. We are now following up with the South Korean authorities firstly to obtain formal confirmation of this case and also the details of where our citizen is being treated.”

Africa’s confirmed coronavirus cases have now exceeded 40 after more countries recorded new cases on Friday and Saturday.

There are no deaths yet recorded from the confirmed cases.

 

Source: Africafeeds.com

- Advertisement -

More articles

- Advertisement -

Latest article

Mozambique President is Africa Oil & Power’s “Person of the Year”

Filipe Nyusi, President of Mozambique has been selected as Africa Oil & Power’s “Person of the Year” for 2020 by Africa Oil & Power. This...

Guinea closes border with neighbours ahead of election

Guinea officials have said the country's border with Senegal and Guinea-Bissau have been closed ahead of the general elections. Officials in government said the closure...

Serena Williams withdraws from French Open 2020

Three-time champion Serena Williams has withdrawn from the French Open because of an Achilles injury. The 39-year-old had been scheduled to play her second-round match...

Sierra Leone’s ex-president banned from leaving country

Sierra Leone's former president Ernest Bai Koroma is among several past government officials banned from leaving the country. He and other officials who served in...

Lifting sanctions on Mali may take longer than expected

On Sunday Mali’s transitional government leader, retired Col. Major Ba N’Daou named a new civilian prime minister. N’Daou appointed former foreign affairs minister of the...
- Advertisement -