Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Covid-19: Lockdown on the Chinese city of Wuhan lifted

Must read

Ghana’s ex-president picks woman as running mate for 2020 poll

Ghana's former President, John Mahama has picked a woman as his running mate for the 2020 presidential election. Professor Jane Naana Opoku-Agyemang's vice presidential candidacy...

Coronavirus: Spain imposes another local lockdown

Officials in Spain's north-western region of Galicia have re-imposed restrictions on an area of 70,000 people following a Covid-19 outbreak. Only those travelling for work...

Ethiopia singer’s death unrest killed 166

At least 166 people have died during violent demonstrations that shook Ethiopia in the days following the murder of popular singer Hachalu Hundessa, police...

Rapper Kanye West announces U.S. presidential bid on Twitter

American rapper Kanye West, a vocal supporter of U.S. President Donald Trump, announced on Saturday that he would run for president in 2020 in...
Isaac Kaledzihttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isaac_Kaledzi
Isaac Kaledzi is an experienced and award winning journalist from Ghana. He has worked for several media brands both in Ghana and on the International scene. Isaac Kaledzi is currently serving as an African Correspondent for DW.
- Advertisement -

Chinese authorities have now allowed people to leave the city of Wuhan in China’s Hubei province after lifting a lockdown that has lasted for months.

Wuhan was the origin of the outbreak of the coronavirus pandemic in December 2019.

Some 55,000 people are now expected to leave the city on Wednesday, according to government statistics.

But to be able to leave the city officials said people must have a “green” code on a widely used smartphone health app.

The city’s train, road and rail connections have now resumed full operations.

- Advertisement -

Earlier on Tuesday China said since the outbreak of the deadly coronavirus in late 2019 it is now recording no deaths for the first time its last report of deaths in January this year.

The country’s National Health Commission said it had 32 confirmed cases, down from 39 on Monday as well.

China said the confirmed cases on Tuesday were imported and not local transmission.

But China has come under scrutiny in recent days for under-reporting coronavirus deaths and infection figures.

- Advertisement -

According to the Chinese government more than 3,331 people have died and 81,740 infections have been confirmed.

Already there people in the so called “epidemic-free” residential compounds been allowed to leave their homes for two hours.

China has taken some measures to restrict foreigners from entering the country as it warns the imported cases could spark a second wave of outbreak.

Foreign nationals currently holding Chinese visas or residency permits will be temporarily banned from entering the country.

According to a government statement from the foreign ministry and the national immigration authority, this policy will be in place until further notice.

 

New study shows Type-A blood people MORE prone to coronavirus

 

 

Source: Africafeeds.com

- Advertisement -

More articles

- Advertisement -

Latest article

Ghana’s ex-president picks woman as running mate for 2020 poll

Ghana's former President, John Mahama has picked a woman as his running mate for the 2020 presidential election. Professor Jane Naana Opoku-Agyemang's vice presidential candidacy...

Coronavirus: Spain imposes another local lockdown

Officials in Spain's north-western region of Galicia have re-imposed restrictions on an area of 70,000 people following a Covid-19 outbreak. Only those travelling for work...

Ethiopia singer’s death unrest killed 166

At least 166 people have died during violent demonstrations that shook Ethiopia in the days following the murder of popular singer Hachalu Hundessa, police...

Rapper Kanye West announces U.S. presidential bid on Twitter

American rapper Kanye West, a vocal supporter of U.S. President Donald Trump, announced on Saturday that he would run for president in 2020 in...

Meet Kenya’s first Rastafarian advocate called to the Bar

Kenya has its first Rastafarian advocate who has now been called to the bar in the east African nation. Mathenge Mukundi on last Friday wore...