Wednesday, February 18, 2026
- Advertisement -spot_img

TAG

DRC

Son-in-law of Angola’s president jailed in DR Congo

The son-in-law of Angolan President Jose Eduardo dos Santos said on Thursday that a Congolese court had sentenced him in absentia to one year...

38 more mass graves identified in Congo’s Kasai region

Another 38 probable mass graves have been discovered in the Democratic Republic of Congo in the country's troubled central region of Kasai, the United...

East Congo violence displaces 80,000 people

About 80,000 people have fled fighting between the Democratic Republic of Congo army and a new rebel coalition, the United Nations said on Tuesday,...

DRC: Vote can’t be held by end of year

The head of Democratic Republic of Congo's electoral commission says it is not possible to organize presidential elections by the end of this year. The...

DRC soldiers convicted for massacre in disputed Kasai region

A Democratic Republic of Congo court convicted seven soldiers on Thursday for the murder of suspected militia members in the country's insurrection-ravaged Kasai region. The...

DRC declares Ebola outbreak over after four deaths

Democratic Republic of Congo declared its two-month Ebola outbreak officially over on Saturday after 42 days without recording a new case of the disease. The...

Congo to investigate ex-minister’s alleged role in Kasai violence

Parliament in the Democratic Republic of Congo has authorised the state prosecutor to probe alleged involvement by a former minister in violence rocking the...

Deutsche Welle Burundi reporter freed by DRC

German broadcaster Deutsche Welle on Monday announced that its Burundian correspondent, arrested on accusations of spying in the Democratic Republic of Congo last week,...

Deutsche Welle calls for release of arrested correspondent in DR Congo

Germany's international broadcaster DW on Sunday demanded the immediate release of its correspondent Antediteste Niragira, who was arrested by members of the Congolese intelligence...

Congolese authorities recapture 179 prisoners after mass escape

Congolese authorities said on Thursday they had recaptured 179 fugitives who broke out of the capital's main prison, in a mass escape that underscored...

Latest news

- Advertisement -spot_img