Guinea officials have said the country’s border with Senegal and Guinea-Bissau have been closed ahead of the general elections.
Officials in government said the closure was for security reasons as citizens prepare to vote on October 18.
Guinea-Bissau’s Interior Minister, Botche Cande was quoted by AFP as saying that the border had been closed since Sunday.
Guinea’s constitutional court this month approved 82-year-old President Alpha Condé’s third term bid.
The court also gave the green light to 11 other candidates, including the main opposition challenger Cellou Dalein Diallo.
There have been months of protests against Mr Condé’s re-election bid which has led to the death of more than 30 Guineans.
The protests were triggered by constitutional change in a referendum in March which allowed him to stand for a third term.
The Guinean leader has said that his candidacy for President is because of young people and women.
Mr Condé was first elected in 2010 and got re-elected in 2015.
Some ECOWAS leaders at a recent meeting criticized the decision of some colleagues to run for third terms.