A rebel spokesman in eastern Congo said on Friday that his movement intended to march across the country to the capital Kinshasa to depose President Joseph Kabila, who refused to quit power at the end of his mandate last year.
The President of the Democratic Republic of Congo Joseph Kabila has assured the United Nations that killers of two UN investigators in the central African country will be punished.
Flooding in the eastern part of the Democratic Republic of Congo has killed at least 10 people with local officials saying on Wednesday that 92 others have gone missing.
The Democratic Republic of Congo said Sunday that it had opened an inquiry after soldiers fired on Burundian refugees in the eastern South Kivu province, killing dozens.
Democratic Republic of Congo's electoral commission says it has started voter registration in the turbulent Kasai provinces where thousands have been killed in fighting in the past year.
A humanitarian organisation says fighting in Democratic Republic of Congo has forced hundreds of thousands of children to stop their education, making them a part of the 7.4 million children who are out of school in the country.
More than 500 people have died so far in a cholera epidemic that is sweeping the Democratic Republic of Congo, the World Health Organization (WHO) said.
The World Health Organization on Saturday sounded the alarm over a cholera outbreak in the Democratic Republic of Congo which has already claimed 528 lives and reached "worrying proportions".
The UN said on Tuesday that soldiers "forced entry" into its base in the volatile Kasai region of DR Congo aiming to arrest a journalist critical of President Joseph Kabila.