Thursday, July 2, 2020

Prince Charles tests positive for coronavirus

Must read

Twitter assures of ‘an edit button when everyone wears a mask’

Social media giant, Twitter has announced that it would give users edit button to their tweets only on one condition. According to a statement on...

Covid-19 pandemic costs Africa travel, tourism almost $55 bln

African countries have lost almost $55 billion in travel and tourism revenues in three months due to the coronavirus pandemic, the African Union (AU)...

The 10 countries that account for 84% of Covid-19 cases in Africa

According to the World Health Organization, Africa has reported at least 416,063 confirmed coronavirus cases as at July 2, 2020. The continent has so far...

WHO says there is ‘underestimation of testing’ for Covid-19 in Africa

The World Health Organization (WHO) has said that there is some level of underestimation of testing for coronavirus in Africa. The global health body however...
Isaac Kaledzihttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isaac_Kaledzi
Isaac Kaledzi is an experienced and award winning journalist from Ghana. He has worked for several media brands both in Ghana and on the International scene. Isaac Kaledzi is currently serving as an African Correspondent for DW.
- Advertisement -

The Prince of Wales has tested positive for coronavirus, Clarence House has confirmed.

Prince Charles, 71, is displaying mild symptoms “but otherwise remains in good health”, a spokesman said.

The Duchess of Cornwall, 72, has also been tested but does not have the virus.

Clarence House said Charles and Camilla were now self-isolating at Balmoral, adding that the prince has been working at home over the last few days.

An official statement read: “In accordance with government and medical advice, the prince and the duchess are now self-isolating at home in Scotland.

- Advertisement -

“The tests were carried out by the NHS in Aberdeenshire, where they met the criteria required for testing.

“It is not possible to ascertain from whom the prince caught the virus owing to the high number of engagements he carried out in his public role during recent weeks.”

The prince’s last public engagement was on 12 March but has been working from home over the last few days.

The Press Association news agency reported he has had a number of private meetings with Highgrove and Duchy individuals, all of whom have been made aware.

- Advertisement -

According to the latest Department of Health and Social Care figures, there are now more than 8,000 confirmed cases of coronavirus in the UK – although the actual number cases is likely to be far higher. Some 422 of those patients have died.

 

Source: BBC

- Advertisement -

More articles

- Advertisement -

Latest article

Twitter assures of ‘an edit button when everyone wears a mask’

Social media giant, Twitter has announced that it would give users edit button to their tweets only on one condition. According to a statement on...

Covid-19 pandemic costs Africa travel, tourism almost $55 bln

African countries have lost almost $55 billion in travel and tourism revenues in three months due to the coronavirus pandemic, the African Union (AU)...

The 10 countries that account for 84% of Covid-19 cases in Africa

According to the World Health Organization, Africa has reported at least 416,063 confirmed coronavirus cases as at July 2, 2020. The continent has so far...

WHO says there is ‘underestimation of testing’ for Covid-19 in Africa

The World Health Organization (WHO) has said that there is some level of underestimation of testing for coronavirus in Africa. The global health body however...

Kenyan lawmakers told to take Coronavirus tests

The Speaker of Kenya's national assembly Justin Muturi has asked all lawmakers to go for voluntary coronavirus testing. Muturi made the call on Thursday as...