Monday, June 24, 2024

Namibia: 13 dead after eating toxic porridge

Must read

Elvis Adjetey
Elvis Adjetey
Elvis Adjetey is an experienced African journalist who has worked with top media brands in Ghana where he is based.

At least thirteen people have died in a span of three days after eating toxic porridge in Namibia.

Four others have been admitted to hospital in critical condition after eating suspected toxic food in Namibia.

Report say all the victims are from a household of 22 people in Kayova village, in north-eastern Kavango region.

Most of those who died were children and are reported to have been in desperate need of food.

State broadcaster NBC quoted the health ministry as saying that the family had consumed porridge made with pearl millet flour and pounded fermented sediment from a homemade beverage.

- Advertisement -

The ministry has sent a team of workers to provide psycho-social support and counselling to the bereaved family.

Samples of the porridge have reportedly been sent to South Africa to test for food poisoning.

 

Ghana: Husbands risk going to jail for not eating wives’ food

Source: Africafeeds.com

- Advertisement -

More articles

- Advertisement -

Latest article

- Advertisement -