The International Criminal Court has ordered the release of former vice-president of the Democratic Republic of Congo, Jean-Pierre Bemba.
The ICC Judges say Bemba can be freed from detention after his lawyers filed for his release on Tuesday.
Bemba’s release became imminent after his 2016 conviction for war crimes was overturned last week following series of appeals.
The court said Bemba will be freed in Belgium, where his family lives.
He was accused of allowing his forces to go on rampage in Central African Republic killing people in 2002 and 2003.
Last year judges at the ICC added a year to Bemba’s 18-year jail term for attempting to bribe witnesses.
The money went to the court’s fund supporting victims of atrocities.
But the ICC overturned his 2016 conviction by upholding his appeal against that ruling.
The judge said Bemba cannot be held responsible for the actions of his forces since he made attempts to stop the crimes.
Bemba, 55, will now seek his release from the ICC detention centre, where he has spent a decade at since 2008.