The World Health Organization (WHO) has said that the first person diagnosed with coronavirus in Africa has recovered from the virus.
The person who was diagnosed in Egypt is no longer carrying the virus.
The WHO said the man is on his way to recovery but would remain in quarantine until the 14-day period was over.
WHO spokesman Tarik Jašarević revealed that the man would also undergo further tests so he fully recovers.
Last week the WHO confirmed that Africa had recorded its first case of Coronavirus in Egypt.
In a statement Egypt’s Health Ministry spokesman Khaled Mugahed said the person who tested positive was a “foreigner”.
The patient was reported to be carrying the virus but did not show any serious symptoms and was hospitalized and in isolation.
The health ministry statement did not reveal the person’s nationality as officials assured efforts were being made to control the outbreak.
Coronavirus now known officially as COVID-19 first emerged in the Chinese city of Wuhan.
It has since spread beyond the shores of China with thousands of cases reported as well as hundreds of deaths.
Victims often suffer from respiratory illness and this new strain of coronavirus was not previously identified in humans.
Experts have always been worried about how the continent of Africa would react and whether it was ready to fight the spread.
Measures should be taken to reduce your risk of #coronavirus.
⚠️Practice good hand hygiene.
⚠️Avoid unprotected close contact with anyone with flu-like symptoms.
⚠️Seek medical care if you have a fever, cough & difficulty breathing.#COVID19 pic.twitter.com/CPuSFEHUxo
— WHO African Region (@WHOAFRO) February 19, 2020