Thursday, July 2, 2020

Anthony Joshua in isolation after meeting Prince Charles

Must read

Twitter assures of ‘an edit button when everyone wears a mask’

Social media giant, Twitter has announced that it would give users edit button to their tweets only on one condition. According to a statement on...

Covid-19 pandemic costs Africa travel, tourism almost $55 bln

African countries have lost almost $55 billion in travel and tourism revenues in three months due to the coronavirus pandemic, the African Union (AU)...

The 10 countries that account for 84% of Covid-19 cases in Africa

According to the World Health Organization, Africa has reported at least 416,063 confirmed coronavirus cases as at July 2, 2020. The continent has so far...

WHO says there is ‘underestimation of testing’ for Covid-19 in Africa

The World Health Organization (WHO) has said that there is some level of underestimation of testing for coronavirus in Africa. The global health body however...
Staff Writer
Africa Feeds Staff writers are group of African journalists focused on reporting news about the continent and the rest of the world.
- Advertisement -

World heavyweight boxing champion, Anthony Joshua, has placed himself in self-isolation following a meeting with Prince Charles, who tested positive for coronavirus on Wednesday.

Charles, the eldest son, and heir to Britain’s Queen Elizabeth II, is showing mild symptoms of coronavirus and is self-isolating in Scotland, officials said on Wednesday.

It remains unclear when Charles caught the illness but on March 9, he spent the day with the Queen, prime minister Boris Johnson and stars of sport and entertainment – including Joshua – at the Commonwealth Day service at Westminster Abbey.

A spokesman for Joshua told the Daily Mail, “AJ is at home following government guidelines, he is fit and well. He wishes everyone affected a speedy recovery and a huge thank you to all the front line key workers.”

Joshua is due to defend his IBF, WBA and WBO heavyweight titles against mandatory challenger Kubrat Pulev at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium on June 20.

- Advertisement -

But the coronavirus could delay that bout and push back a hugely anticipated all-British fight with WBC champion Tyson Fury until next year at the earliest.

In a series of Twitter posts on Tuesday, Joshua thanked all those involved in trying to combat the coronavirus by saying: “It’s humbling to see people giving their everything right now to keep us safe. Shout to everyone on the front-line.

“We see you, we appreciate you, we thank you and we’re in awe of you!”

 

- Advertisement -

 

Source: AFP

- Advertisement -

More articles

- Advertisement -

Latest article

Twitter assures of ‘an edit button when everyone wears a mask’

Social media giant, Twitter has announced that it would give users edit button to their tweets only on one condition. According to a statement on...

Covid-19 pandemic costs Africa travel, tourism almost $55 bln

African countries have lost almost $55 billion in travel and tourism revenues in three months due to the coronavirus pandemic, the African Union (AU)...

The 10 countries that account for 84% of Covid-19 cases in Africa

According to the World Health Organization, Africa has reported at least 416,063 confirmed coronavirus cases as at July 2, 2020. The continent has so far...

WHO says there is ‘underestimation of testing’ for Covid-19 in Africa

The World Health Organization (WHO) has said that there is some level of underestimation of testing for coronavirus in Africa. The global health body however...

Kenyan lawmakers told to take Coronavirus tests

The Speaker of Kenya's national assembly Justin Muturi has asked all lawmakers to go for voluntary coronavirus testing. Muturi made the call on Thursday as...