- Advertisement -
Trump claims Mnangagwa’s government is ‘a threat’
The President of the United States, Donald Trump has defended his decision to extend "sanctions against Zimbabwe for another year" reportedly claiming that the new government under President Emmerson Mnangagwa "remained a threat to Washington's foreign policy".Â
DRC: 40 people killed in ethnic clashes
More than 40 people are reported dead in ethnic clashes in northeastern Democratic Republic of Congo’s Ituri province.
[VIDEO]-Boko Haram claims abducted Yobe schoolgirls safe
Boko Haram militants have confirmed that the over 100 school girls from Yobe state abducted last week are safe and would not be harmed in anyway.
Surge in robbery cases, Ghana launches special operation
Ghana's government has announced major measures to deal with the surge in armed robbery cases which have created fear among citizens.
Burkina Faso: Gunfire and explosion erupt in capital
Gunfire and an explosion have erupted in the capital of Burkina Faso, Ouagadougou with witnesses saying they have seen armed men opening fire near the army headquarters and the French embassy.
Nigeria: 4 aid workers killed in Boko Haram attack
Four aid workers were killed in a Boko Haram attack in Rann, in northeast Nigeria, the UN said on Friday, in the latest violence to hit the remote town.
University lecturers in Kenya on strike over low pay
Public University lecturers in Kenya on Thursday re-activated a nationwide strike nearly three months after ending a similar protest over low pay.
Campaign to stop sex abuse in Ghana’s schools launched
A campaign has been launched in Ghana to end sex abuse in schools after series of media reports over the past six months detailing horrific experiences of students who are harassed and molested sexually by their teachers.
10 million Boko Haram victims in need of aid
The United Nations has said that more than 10 million people who have fallen victim to Boko Haram attacks are in dire need of aid in Nigeria, Cameroon, Chad and Niger.
Fresh ethnic violence in DRC causes several deaths
Twenty-three people have been killed in renewed clashes between ethnic groups in the Democratic Republic of Congo's troubled east, according to an official toll on Wednesday.
- Advertisement -

